STRP-MNPTG v.2 Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Stream (GCert ClinPhys)
This major/stream is part of a larger course. Information is specific to the major/stream, please refer to the course for more information.
The stream promotes an advanced standard of musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice through biomedical sciences knowledge, clinical and research skills development, and a broad appreciation of the concepts of evidence-based practice. This stream focuses on the integration of evidence-based practice and contemporary methods of clinical practice. It is designed to enhance knowledge, skill and clinical competencies in musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice.
Stream Learning Outcomes
A graduate of this course can:
1. apply knowledge from relevant biomedical sciences to musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice at an advanced level
2. critically analyse clinical and biomedical evidence with reference to contemporary musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice
3. locate, extract and critically appraise relevant evidence and scientific literature relevant to musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice
4. written and verbal communication skills relevant to musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice at an advanced level
5. use new and existing technology to practice musculoskeletal physiotherapy at an advanced level
6. demonstrate ability in self-directed learning and value of on-going personal and professional development
7. recognise the need for flexible modes of practice in musculoskeletal physiotherapy through cross-cultural awareness and a global health care perspective
8. demonstrate respect for individual human rights and cultural diversity
9. demonstrate examination and treatment skills in musculoskeletal physiotherapy at an advance level
|Year 1 Semester 1|
|PHTY7004||v.2||Advanced Evidence Based Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy||4.0||25.0|
|PHTY7005||v.1||Advanced Musculoskeletal Science Assessment||9.0||25.0|
|PHTY7006||v.1||Advanced Physiotherapy Clinics 1||6.0||12.5|
|PHTY6011||v.1||Advanced Anatomy and Pathology||4.0||25.0|
|PHTY6009||v.1||Physiotherapy Project Proposal||2.0||12.5|
Information in this publication is correct at the time of printing but may be subject to change.
In particular, the University reserves the right change the content and/or method of assessment, to change or alter tuition fees of any unit of study, to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/ or to vary arrangements for any program.
This material does not purport to constitute legal or professional advice.
Curtin accepts no responsibility for and makes no representations, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy or reliability in any respect of any material in this publication.
Except to the extent mandated otherwise by legislation, Curtin University does not accept responsibility for the consequences of any reliance which may be placed on this material by any person.
Curtin will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (including direct, consequential or economic loss or damage) however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise which may result directly or indirectly from the use of this publication.
International students studying in Australia on a student visa can only study full-time and there are also specific entry requirements that must be met. As some information contained in this publication may not be applicable to international students, refer to international.curtin.edu.au for further information. Australian citizens, permanent residents and international students studying outside Australia may have the choice of full-time, part-time and external study, depending on course availability and in-country requirements.