MJXU-EVNTM v.1 Event Management Major (Extended) (BCom)
This major/stream is part of a larger course. Information is specific to the major/stream, please refer to the course for more information.
This major provides you with knowledge and skills needed to succeed when managing events in Australia and overseas. You will study; sustainable management of events, the impact of events on the local and global economy, the critical aspects of event planning and management, the role of risk management in event management. You will also have the opportunity to gain practical experience through field trips. Event management is offered as part of the Bachelor of Commerce.
Major/Stream Learning Outcomes
A graduate of this course can:
1. identify key theoretical principles and practical underpinnings of event management and apply these from a conceptual and practical approach to events in a range of contexts including industry and business
2. critically examine event management issues, trends and situations, and formulate creative and innovative propositions to manage challenges faced within the event industry
3. access, evaluate and synthesise information from multiple sources to compare and discriminate between ideas relevant to the many dimensions of event management and relate this knowledge to particular problem settings
4. employ appropriate communication methods to communicate with selected and diverse audiences within event management contexts
5. use and apply technologies, recognising their advantages and limitations when applied to event management
6. show responsibility for their own learning by demonstrating initiative in finding new information and conducting active participation in a variety of learning experiences
7. assess a range of significant events from around the globe, appraising relevant management issues from a variety of perspectives
8. actively promote the value of cultural diversity in event management, demonstrating its capacity to improve business and professional practice
9. demonstrate leadership, ethical practices and professional integrity when working within a team and independently
Duration and Availability
This major is available to international students studying in Australia on a study visa.
|MJRU-EVNTM||v.1||Event Management Major (BCom)||200.0|
|STRU-BCELC||v.1||Bachelor of Commerce Elective Stream||200.0|
Information in this publication is correct at the time of printing but may be subject to change.
In particular, the University reserves the right change the content and/or method of assessment, to change or alter tuition fees of any unit of study, to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/ or to vary arrangements for any program.
This material does not purport to constitute legal or professional advice.
Curtin accepts no responsibility for and makes no representations, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy or reliability in any respect of any material in this publication.
Except to the extent mandated otherwise by legislation, Curtin University does not accept responsibility for the consequences of any reliance which may be placed on this material by any person.
Curtin will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (including direct, consequential or economic loss or damage) however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise which may result directly or indirectly from the use of this publication.
International students studying in Australia on a student visa can only study full-time and there are also specific entry requirements that must be met. As some information contained in this publication may not be applicable to international students, refer to international.curtin.edu.au for further information. Australian citizens, permanent residents and international students studying outside Australia may have the choice of full-time, part-time and external study, depending on course availability and in-country requirements.