MJXU-ADVRT v.1 Advertising Major (Extended) (BCom)
This major/stream is part of a larger course. Information is specific to the major/stream, please refer to the course for more information.
This major is designed to provide students with an understanding of the business process underpinning advertising whilst also providing an insight and appreciation for the creative elements of advertising. This major is ideally suited towards students who are aspiring to work in the account management area of advertising. This major is also ideal for those who are seeking a flexible course with the ability to pursue a minor in another discipline.
This course is accredited by the International Advertising Association.
Major/Stream Learning Outcomes
A graduate of this course can:
1. apply principles in marketing communication theory to describe, understand, analyse and evaluate marketing communication issues and problems
2. critically analyse marketing communication problems and think creatively to generate innovative solutions; apply logical and rational processes in decision making
3. use a variety of methods to access and evaluate useful information from multiple sources, and synthesise this knowledge to make supported judgements relevant to the communication environment
4. use technology to effectively collect and analyse information relating to communication issues; recognise the advantages and limitations of various technologies
5. employ intellectual curiosity to integrate new information with existing knowledge and develop a life long learning and professional development in marketing communications
6. take responsibility for learning by demonstrating initiative in finding new information and actively participating in varied learning experiences
7. apply an international perspective to marketing communication issues and adapt communication strategies for success in the global environment
8. recognise the impact of cultural diversity on consumer behaviour and advertising issues
9. apply an ethical approach to dealing with various stakeholders in the marketing communications environment, and demonstrate leadership and professional integrity when working independently and within a team
Duration and Availability
This major is available to international students studying in Australia on a study visa.
|MJRU-ADVRT||v.1||Advertising Major (BCom)||200.0|
|STRU-BCELC||v.1||Bachelor of Commerce Elective Stream||200.0|
Information in this publication is correct at the time of printing but may be subject to change.
In particular, the University reserves the right change the content and/or method of assessment, to change or alter tuition fees of any unit of study, to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/ or to vary arrangements for any program.
This material does not purport to constitute legal or professional advice.
Curtin accepts no responsibility for and makes no representations, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy or reliability in any respect of any material in this publication.
Except to the extent mandated otherwise by legislation, Curtin University does not accept responsibility for the consequences of any reliance which may be placed on this material by any person.
Curtin will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (including direct, consequential or economic loss or damage) however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise which may result directly or indirectly from the use of this publication.
International students studying in Australia on a student visa can only study full-time and there are also specific entry requirements that must be met. As some information contained in this publication may not be applicable to international students, refer to international.curtin.edu.au for further information. Australian citizens, permanent residents and international students studying outside Australia may have the choice of full-time, part-time and external study, depending on course availability and in-country requirements.