MJRP-STPRM v.1 Strategic Procurement Major (MBA)
This major/stream is part of a larger course. Information is specific to the major/stream, please refer to the course for more information.
This specialised Master of Business Administration (MBA) major has been designed for those currently working in the field of strategic procurement, or those considering a career in this growing field. It is a unique major combining strategic procurement knowledge, and supply chain management with the core requirements of an MBA to ensure that graduates have a broad coverage of key functional disciplines of business management, as well as specialised knowledge of strategic procurement.
The MBA (Strategic Procurement) is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply - Australia (CIPSA).
Major/Stream Learning Outcomes
A graduate of this course can:
1. apply foundation knowledge demonstrating a broad coverage of key functional disciplines of business management, as well as specialised knowledge of strategic procurement; be able to apply these in a group or organisational environment; extend the boundaries of knowledge through an independently identified research problem
2. create, critically evaluate and reflect upon innovative ideas and strategies within ambiguous and uncertain business environments (which includes business, government and not-for-profit)
3. select appropriate information using strategic procurement technologies; make valid judgements and synthesise information from a range of sources; access, evaluate and synthesise diverse information for intelligent business application
4. communicate professionally and effectively in ways to appropriately interpret technical and non-technical information to a varied audience, for a range of purposes and to a professional standard
5. select and use appropriate technologies and recognise their advantages and limitations
6. possess and be able to utilise life-long learning strategies maintain currency in professional practice
7. recognise and apply international perspectives within the business environment; apply international standards of practice and evaluate issues from a variety of perspectives
8. develop shared understandings of contemporary relevant issues which demonstrate a high and balanced level of cultural awareness in a diverse cultural business setting
9. demonstrate, through self-leadership, a duty of care, honesty, integrity, fairness and knowledge of principles and law to uphold ethical requirements whilst combining strategic procurement knowledge, and supply chain management objectives
Duration and Availability
This major is not available to international students studying in Australia on a study visa.
|Year 1 Trimester 1|
|MGMT5022||v.1||Organisational Behaviour for Managers||3.0||25.0|
|ECON5014||v.1||Economics for Managers||3.0||25.0|
|ACCT5026||v.2||Financial and Management Accounting for Business||3.0||25.0|
|Year 1 Trimester 2|
|MGMT6039||v.1||Human Resource Strategies||3.0||25.0|
|MGMT6035||v.1||Strategic Project Management||3.0||25.0|
|MKTG5009||v.1||Marketing for Managers||3.0||25.0|
|Year 1 Trimester 3|
|MGMT6049||v.1||Strategic Operations Management||3.0||25.0|
|MGMT5020||v.1||Contract and Procurement Optimisation||3.0||25.0|
|MGMT6021||v.1||Corporate Finance for Managers||3.0||25.0|
|Year 2 Trimester 1|
|LAWS5001||v.1||Legal Framework for Managers||3.0||25.0|
|MGMT6031||v.1||Strategy and International Business Competitiveness||3.0||50.0|
Information in this publication is correct at the time of printing but may be subject to change.
In particular, the University reserves the right change the content and/or method of assessment, to change or alter tuition fees of any unit of study, to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/ or to vary arrangements for any program.
This material does not purport to constitute legal or professional advice.
Curtin accepts no responsibility for and makes no representations, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy or reliability in any respect of any material in this publication.
Except to the extent mandated otherwise by legislation, Curtin University does not accept responsibility for the consequences of any reliance which may be placed on this material by any person.
Curtin will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (including direct, consequential or economic loss or damage) however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise which may result directly or indirectly from the use of this publication.
International students studying in Australia on a student visa can only study full-time and there are also specific entry requirements that must be met. As some information contained in this publication may not be applicable to international students, refer to international.curtin.edu.au for further information. Australian citizens, permanent residents and international students studying outside Australia may have the choice of full-time, part-time and external study, depending on course availability and in-country requirements.