312727 v.2 Business Law Major (Extended)
This major/stream is part of a larger course. Information is specific to the major/stream, please refer to the course for more information.
This major provides the knowledge and skills relevant to working in business or government. It does not lead to a professional legal qualification allowing admission to practice as a solicitor or barrister, but it does meet the increasing needs of government and industry for graduates with a background in law and business studies.
Major/Stream Learning Outcomes
A graduate of this course can:
1. identify and explain legal concepts and issues that apply to the business environment
2. analyse and identify commercial risks through an understanding of legal requirements. enhance written and analytical skills and hone ability to read, analyse and conceptualise documentation through examination of statute and judge made law
3. locate and extract and evaluate pertinent information and critically synthesise this knowledge to make supporting judgements relevant to the business legal environment
4. communicate information and knowledge on the business legal environment using written and oral communication
5. use electronic resources to effectively extract relevant legal information and convey synthesised legal information though well presented modes of communication
6. develop an intellectual curiosity about legal concepts in the business environment that provides a foundation to allow the graduate to take responsibility for their own learning and development
7. recognise that some features of the common law system have application internationally to many other countries using that legal system
8. recognise the extent to which cultural practices and differences impact upon law in a business environment
9. demonstrate leadership, ethical practice, integrity, ensuring timely outcomes, as well as working independently to achieve identified outcomes
|312094||v.2||Business Law Major||200.0|
|312428||v.1||Bachelor of Commerce Elective Stream||200.0|
The online handbook is the repository of Curtin University of Technology (“Curtin”) course information. While Curtin makes all reasonable endeavors to keep its online courses handbook up-to-date, information within this website is subject to change from time to time. Curtin reserves the right to change the contents and/or the method of assessment, to change or alter tuition fees of any unit of study, to withdraw/any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program without notification via the website.
For course overviews and enrolment information please visit our future students website.